Italian Sausage Biscuit Casserole
Savory hearty dish can be served for breakfast brunch or a main meal in itself
- 1 pound loose Italian sausage (hot sausage also works)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic,finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ox) white beans (canelli, great northern, etc)
- 1 can (15-22 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Frozen Pearl onions, thawed (1/2 bag) or 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tsp rosemary (or 1 TB fresh)
- 1 small bell pepper. minced
- 1 8 oz box of cheese biscuit mix (or make your own) to make Aprx. 12 biscuits
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 2qt oven casserole with cooking spray
1. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat till no longer pink.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, rosemary. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
3. Add beans and tomatoes, continue to simmer 8 minutes. Place mixture in casserole dish.
4. Prepare drop Biscuit topping as directed on box
5. Place cooked sausage bean mix in prepared 2 qt oven dish
6. Sprinkle cheese over mixture
7. Drop biscuit mix as prepared over the top
8. Bake at 375 f for 10-15 minutes until biscuit topping is done
Add 1 box Uncle bens wild rice mix (as prepared per its instructions) to the finished sausage mixture prior to the biscuit topping - stretches the recipe by 2 times. Just be sure the baking dish still holds it all.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn A recipe for the Italian soup you... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Nana's Rice pilaf 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Macaroni Salad 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Sara's Good Sauce Pork 2.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Pure Cane Sorghum and Pecan Butter 3.1/5 (24 Votes)
- minestrone soup 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Breakfast casserole 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This cake is made of cookies, and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
2 cups of white chocolate
1 cup of cream
2 cups of dark chocolate
1 cup of cream
4/5 cup of milk