Linguini with Bacon and Broccoli
- 1 box linguine
- 8-10 strips bacon
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Prepare linguine according to directions on package, Strain and toss with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside.
Dice bacon into pieces, add to hot skillet and cook until lightly browned. While bacon is cooking, dice onion into small pieces.
Add diced onions to pan with bacon and cook until onions are clear.
Chop broccoli into pieces and add to pan, stir to coat
thoroughly. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes to cook broccoli.
Add 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Stir and simmer 5 minutes to incorporate flavors
Add broccoli mixture to linguine and toss to incorporate ingredients. Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and toss lightly.
Serve sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!