10 recipes that will make you fall in love with asparagus
This is a classic French recipe that makes a light and vibrant appetizer.
Simply blanche or steam a bunch of asparagus until soft. Then blend in a food processor along with 1 clove of garlic, 2 tablespoons of sour or heavy cream, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan and 1 egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the puree to glass ramekins and bake for 15 minutes or until the flans are set. Garnish with Parmesan flakes and asparagus tips.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!