You need lot of time and energy to chop vegetables finely, cook them over medium flame and then finally either grilling or frying to the perfection. But once you gulp it in your mouth- every effort is worth it. And c'mon finally you are biting in the goodness of vegetables and I am sure you will thank me later for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup Cabbage
- 4 medium carrots
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons Gram flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 4-5 green chilies
- 2 medium boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 cup washed spinach
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chaat massala
- 1 teaspoon garam massala
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
In a food processor, mince onion, cabbage, spinach, green chillies, peas, corn and carrots. Do not over mix, you need coarse mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
Then mix in garlic, ginger and cook for 5 seconds.
Add all the minced vegetables and cook till water evaporates. Keep stirring.
Mix in potatoes, salt, chaat massala, garam massala and cook again till mixture comes together.
Add in gram flour, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix and let it cool.
Take some oil in your hand and make rounds/patties.
Heat the remaining oil in a kadai and shallow fry for a minute or two.
Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
You can also add beetroot, cauliflower, broccoli or beans.
For more authentic taste and texture deep fry them.
Prepare the mixture a night before and keep in the fridge. Fry and serve the next day.
Same kebabs can be made on skewers as well. If using wooden skewer, soak them in water for atleast 2 hours. This will not burn the skewers.
You'll also love
- Beef Kebabs with Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Urad Dal Rice 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- FRENCH ONION SOUP 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegan/ Gluten Free Raw Lime Mousse... 3/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Manchurian dry 2.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Vegan/Gluten Free Raw Dark... 3/5 (30 Votes)
- Mint Chutney 2.9/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!