Apple Wheat Halwa
An delicious Halwa made with, apple, wheat, milk,ghee and nuts
- Apples - 2 cups grated (approx 3 apples)
- Milk- 1 and 1/3 cups & 1 and a 1/2 cups
- Wheat flour - 1 and 1/4 cups
- Sugar- 1 and 1/2 cups
- Ghee - 1/2 -3/4 cup (as needed)
- Elachi powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Cashews - 1 table spoon
- pista - 10-15 nos (slice / chop into small pieces)
- Almonds - 10-15 nos(slice / Chop into small pieces)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from easyandsimplefoods.blogspot.com
1. Grate the Apples and keep ready
2. Boil 1 and 1/3 cups of milk in a heavy bottom / non stick pan
3. Add Grated apples and cook well for 10 to 15 minutes in medium flame. Check ofter and do not let it burn in bottom
4. Mix 1 and 1/2 cups of flour and 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and whisk to make it as a paste.. Add more milk if require. make it as a batter without lumps
5.When the Apples are cooked well, add the batter, food color and elachi powder to it and mix well... (Mix well quickly, it may form lumps again... if you are not confident enough to mix quickly... keep the flame to low and mix with the whisker / laddle)
6. Add ghee little by little and mix well...
7. Add the sliced almonds and pista and mix well...
8. Fry cashews in ghee and add them when the raw smell of wheat leaves from the halwa...
9. keep adding the ghee little by little and mix until it reaches the halwa consistency.
10. spread in a greased plate, and let it cool... then serve...
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.