Dutch Apple Pie
Perfect for any Holiday occasion.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (I use the recipe listed on the shortening cartons) 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Flour ½ cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup milk 4-6 apples
- Topping: Brown sugar mixture: 1 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon. Mix until crumbly.
Peel and cut up apples into slices.
Mix flour, salt, sugars, cream and milk, then pour over the apples in a bowl.
Put mixture into the pie shell. Bake @ 375 for 25-30 minutes, on bottom rack.
Add topping mixture, (this prevents the topping from burning).Turn the oven to 325 until done (30-35 minutes).
Sometimes I cover the edges of the crust with tin foil to prevent browning. I remove the foil once I add the topping.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1444 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (941 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (445 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.4/5 (363 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (386 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (214 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.