- Carrot 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar ½ - ¾ cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Cashews 1 tsp
- Almonds 1 tsp chopped
- Raisins 1 tsp
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Khoya 1 tbsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Roast cashew and raisins in 2 tbsp of ghee, and keep it aside. When it is roasted cashews turns light brown and raisins puffs up.
In an open pan add 2 tbsp ghee and sauté the grated carrot until the raw flavor goes.
Add milk and simmer the stove and let it cook until the carrot softens.
Make the flame high and stir constantly until the milk gets completely absorbed Add sugar and mix.
Once it comes to desired consistency switch off the flame.
Add the roasted cashews and raisins.
Garnish with almonds
You'll also love
- Tiger Butter 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Tcharek El Aryane Algerien sweets 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Diamond sweet 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Milk khoya: (paal ghova) 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Crunchy Almond Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Tirunelveli halwa with whole wheat 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Chai Tea 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Shredded Carrots with Dried Fruit 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.