Carrot halwa recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Mini Cherry Pies
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Carrot halwa recipes
Roast cashew and raisins in 2 tbsp of ghee, and keep it aside
- Carrot 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar ½ - ¾ cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Cashews 1 tsp
- Almonds 1 tsp chopped
- Raisins 1 tsp
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Khoya 1 tbsp
Cook carrot in milk
- Carrot 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cups
- Cashew nuts 1/4 cup fried in ghee
- condensed milk 1 cup