Carrot puree recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Carrot puree recipes
Roasted Duck Breast with Parline, Carrot Purée with Caraway
Heat the sliced carrots in a water with salt for 20 minutes
- 4 duck breasts
- 3-4 oz of crushed red pralines
- 1 lb (about 3 1/3 cups sliced) carrots
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- scant 1 cup of milk
- Fresh juice from 2 oranges
- 2 1/4 tbsp of butter
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Carrot Puree with Orange and Cumin - Baby food for 6+ months
By Gitanjali Roche
This is a delicious puree recipe for babies; it's full of flavor yet totally age appropriate
- 14oz carrots
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Cumin: according to your taste (start with a quarter teaspoon to get your baby used to the taste)
Potato, Carrot and Leek Purée (9 months +)
By Gourmandize Baby, Gourmandize
A delicious dinner idea for baby 9 months and up
- 1 Potato
- 1 carrot
- 2 small leeks
- scant 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- an infusion bag with tilleul* (Linden Leaves)
- chamomile and orange leaves
- 1 triangle Laughing Cow cheese