Fancy Gourmet Burgers Worthy of Your Next Date Night
If you're stuck at home, it can't hurt to flex your romantic dinner skills from time to time.
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Date Night Duck Burgers
This gourmet French-style burger is made with seared duck breast, for a fancy and impressive alternative to regular beef. Never cooked with duck? It's a lot easier than you think. Make sure you get the meat from your local trusted butcher, and pair it with homemade pretzel rolls for the ultimate date night meal. Here's the step-by-step recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!