Roasted Duck Breast with Parline, Carrot Purée with Caraway
- 4 duck breasts
- 3-4 oz of crushed red pralines
- 1 lb (about 3 1/3 cups sliced) carrots
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- scant 1 cup of milk
- Fresh juice from 2 oranges
- 2 1/4 tbsp of butter
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Heat the sliced carrots in a water with salt for 20 minutes. Drain and mix them with milk, butter and caraway seeds.
Remove the 3/4 of the fat from the duck breasts with a knife. Rub only one side in the egg whites and the crushed pralines.
Put the breasts in the lower part of the oven with the grill position for 8 at 9 minutes. Let the duck rest in the switched off oven for 10 more minutes.
Cook the orange juice to have it reduce with half. Add the balsamic vinegar and the butter.
Slice the duck breasts and garnish them in dinner plates with the puree and the juice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!