Our favorite carrot side dishes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Carrot side dishes recipes
Roast cashew and raisins in 2 tbsp of ghee, and keep it aside
- Carrot 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar ½ - ¾ cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Cashews 1 tsp
- Almonds 1 tsp chopped
- Raisins 1 tsp
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Khoya 1 tbsp
Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port Sauce, Carrots, Potatoes, and Parsnips
By aaron, The Hungry Hutch
Check out more recipes from The Hungry Hutch
- 1/2 rack pork loin (~2-3 lbs)
- vegetable oil
- 2 cloves, garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- red potatoes
- 1 cup dried mission figs, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup tawny Port
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. butter
Potato, Carrot and Leek Purée (9 months +)
By Gourmandize Baby, Gourmandize
A delicious dinner idea for baby 9 months and up
- 1 Potato
- 1 carrot
- 2 small leeks
- scant 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- an infusion bag with tilleul* (Linden Leaves), chamomile and orange leaves
- 1 triangle Laughing Cow cheese
Boil the milk in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, stirring continuously until it is reduced to approximately 1 ...
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- chopped cashew nuts & sliced almonds (for garnish)
Moroccan Carrot-Blood Orange Salad
Heat oven to 425 degrees
- 1 pound carrots (about 8 medium), peeled and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, more to taste
- Large pinch cayenne
- 4 medium blood oranges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pitted, oil-cured olives, roughly chopped