Our favorite carrot side dishes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Carrot side dishes recipes
Roast cashew and raisins in 2 tbsp of ghee, and keep it aside
- Carrot 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar ½ - ¾ cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Cashews 1 tsp
- Almonds 1 tsp chopped
- Raisins 1 tsp
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Khoya 1 tbsp
Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port Sauce, Carrots, Potatoes, and Parsnips
By aaron, The Hungry Hutch
Check out more recipes from The Hungry Hutch
- 1/2 rack pork loin (~2-3 lbs)
- vegetable oil
- 2 cloves
- garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- red potatoes
- 1 cup dried mission figs
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup tawny Port
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. butter
Potato, Carrot and Leek Purée (9 months +)
By Gourmandize Baby, Gourmandize
A delicious dinner idea for baby 9 months and up
- 1 Potato
- 1 carrot
- 2 small leeks
- scant 1/2 cup semi-skimmed milk
- an infusion bag with tilleul* (Linden Leaves)
- chamomile and orange leaves
- 1 triangle Laughing Cow cheese
Boil the milk in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, stirring continuously until it is reduced to approximately 1 ...
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- chopped cashew nuts & sliced almonds (for garnish)
Moroccan Carrot-Blood Orange Salad
Heat oven to 425 degrees
- 1 pound carrots (about 8 medium)
- peeled and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- more to taste
- Large pinch cayenne
- 4 medium blood oranges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- more to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pitted
- oil-cured olives
- roughly chopped