- Confectioners sugar (icing or powdered sugar), sifted-4 cups (460 grams)
- Unsalted butter, room temperature-1 cup (226 grams)
- Pure vanilla extract-1 teaspoon
- Milk or light cream-2-4 tablespoons
- Assorted food colors (if desired) (i have used pink, orange ,yellow and green)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a bowl , beat 1 cup butter and 4 cups sugar with electric hand mixer until it becomes double the volume and white.
Add 1/4 cup milk ,1 tsp vanilla essence and beat the mixture, beat frosting until it is light and fluffy.
Separate into smaller portions and add the desired colours.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.