Rainbow Cake Pops
Fun, creative twist on the average cake pops.
- Cake pop mix-vanilla/white
- Food coloring
- White chocolate
- Sprinkles/small candies
- Cake pop sticks
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Average budget
Divide cake mix into 5 different containers, then add each type of food color in each container.
Pick small amount of a color, roll into small marble sized balls with hands and put in freezer for 5min.
Take out the balls from freezer, get a 2nd color (slightly more amount than the one before) flatten with palms.
Get the 1st colored balls and wrap the flattened 2nd color to where you can't see the 1st color anymore. After wrapping 2nd color over 1st color, roll into a ball and put in freezer for 5min.
Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the remaining colors, until u get to your last color.
Repeat steps 3&4 for your last color but do not put in freezer, instead refrigerate for 10-15min.
Take final product out of fridge.
Melt good amount of white chocolate in microwave, be sure not to burn, add coloring if wanted.
Get cake pop stick and dip end into melted chocolate, then stick the chocolate dipped stick into cake ball and let dry for 2min.
After dried dip entire cake ball into melted chocolate, and let dry, add sprinkles or decorations when wet if wanted.
Using a styrofoam block as a holder for cake pops helps with drying process.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!