How To Make A Decadent Chocolate Cake Without Flour
Ideal for those with a gluten sensitivity, this completely flour-free cake is soft, delicate, and compact – not to mention full of chocolate!
© Silvia Santucci
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Thought that chocolate cake could only be made with flour? Think again! This 100% flour-free cake can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone, even those with a sensitivity or intolerance to the gluten found in wheat, rye, and barley flours. For some, this component can cause irritability in the intestine, which has trouble or is incapable of absorbing and properly digesting it.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!