This is a vegan version of an egg mcmuffin.
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu, cut into 6 square blocks
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 cube mushroom bullion, broken apart
- 6 english muffins, halved and toasted
- Nayonnaise or mayonnaise
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced and sauteed
- 6 soy cheddar slices
- Vegan simulated bacon bits
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Fry tofu squares in sesame oil. Drain on paper towel.
Combine nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic salt, onion powder, and mushroom bullion.
Toss fried tofu in spices.
On toasted english muffin, spread Nayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Layer on, tofu, cheese, tomato, onion, and bacon bits.
You'll also love
- Overnight Breakfast casserole 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- VEGETABLE SAMOSAS 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- breakfast crepes 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Vegan Gumbo 2.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Fried bologna and onions 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Korean Dumplings 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana nut bread 3.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Best Egg white spinach sandwich 2.7/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!