Sweet Potato Puree for Babies
By Proud Mama
A how-to guide for making sweet potato puree for babies
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- Food Processor/Blender
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Wash your sweet potato and place it on a baking sheet lined with foil in the oven (skin on).
After about 30 minutes, test it with a knife. If the knife meets any resistance, it's not done. Give it another 10 minutes and try again. It's done when the knife goes through without resistance.
Take the potato out of the oven and let it cool.
Leave the skin on (it's full of yummy nutrients) and chop up the potato into medium sized chunks.
Add the pieces to your blender/food processor and blend until very smooth. You may need to add some water to get a consistency thin enough for baby.
Transfer to a bowl or freezer safe containers. Test out the temperature before serving it!
You can mix sweet potato puree with other veggies to make yummy combinations!
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Puree 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- stuffed croissant 3/5 (16 Votes)
- Vegan/ Gluten Free Raw Lime Mousse... 3/5 (33 Votes)
- Luncheon Casserole 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cool Cucumber Soup 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Baby and kid friendly leek soup 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Red mullet and beet puree for... 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Southern Summer Puree 2.9/5 (52 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!