Aloo boti kebab
- 4 - 5 medium size potatoes
- 1 lb boneless veal but into small cubes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp small green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- For batter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- a pinch salt
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Boil the potatoes. Peel it and mash it adding 1tsp salt, black pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves . Keep it aside.
Boil the boneless veal with 1tsp salt, chopped green chillies, haldi ,chopped garlic and 1 cup water. Cook it unti the the water dries up and meat is tender leaving 1 tbsp gravy.
When the meat mixture is cool ad it to the potato mixture and mix it properly. Shape it like a sausage.
Mix the ingredients for the batter.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Dip each kebabs in the batter mixture and deep fry it. Remove the fried kebabs with a slotted spoon, transfer them to a paper bag lined baking sheet or large plate.
Serve the kebabs with chutney and salad.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!