As a kid I loved when my mom would buy taco tarts as a special meal. I have come up with a recipe that is close to what I remembered as a kid.
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 2 pkg veggie ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup black beans
- drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 1 cup vegan soy pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 cups masa corn flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- Water as needed
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Saute onions and garlic in sesame oil until caramelized. Add veggie ground, heat through. Add remaining ingredients.
Combine dough ingredients. Dough should be thick but not dry.
Roll golf ball sized dough out in a circle. Create a pocket with the dough and your hand. Fill with bean mixture. Close pockets.
Bake 10-15 minutes at 375*F until crust is golden.
You'll also love
- Lean Green Fighting Machine 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Middle Eastern Style Cucumber... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Macchiato... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Korean Pancakes 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Deviled Eggs 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Tortilla Taco Casserole 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!