Beef fillet with Cachaca
This is a real, Brazilian "receita de botequim" recipe (or bistro recipe),to be gobbled up while watching the 2014 World Cup! A typical Brazilian TV dinner; sent by Andrea Potsch from the blog Aromas e Sabores : http://www.aromasesabores.com/
Try this delicious Brazilian bistro recipe. It's meaty, tender and DELICIOUS!
- 1 pound of beef fillet, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 cl of Cachaça alcohol
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the meat and cook through, then set aside.
In the same pan, add the onion and cook until transparent.
Add the soy sauce and a little bit of water to deglaze the pan, and add the meat to this sauce.
Add the cachaca and let cook for a few minutes, until everything is mixed well.
Serve on top of rice if you're eating this as a main dish, or on top of sliced French bread as an appetizer.
You'll also love
- Easy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas 4/5 (21 Votes)
- VEAL PARMIGIANA 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Stay-Out-of-the-Kitchen Vichyssoise 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ WHITE BEAN WRAPS 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bobo de camarao 3.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Caipirinha 3.4/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe