Mackerel Rillettes with Crispy Herbs
- 8 pieces of Mackerel
- 5 oz
- scant 1/2 cup of white dry wine
- 7 tbsp of butter
- 1 onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of pink peppercorns
- 1 oz tomatoes confit
- 1 oz lemon confit
- 1 pack of filo sheets
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- scant 1/2 cup of olive oil
- scant 1/2 cup of lemon vinegar
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F
Put the seasoned mackerel fillets in a large pan. Add the white wine, the lemon zest, the diced onion and water until it covers the fish. Cook. Remove the pan from heat and let the fish rest for 10 minutes.
Melt the butter and brown. Add the mackerel fillets, the lemon juice, and half the the confited lemon and tomatoes chopped and pink peppercorns. Season and smash the mix with a fork. Remove the pan from heat and add ice cubes. It will transform the fish into rillettes.
Roll 2 filo sheets out, one upon the other. With a pastry brush, brush oil over the sheets. Sprinkle some of the chopped cilantro. Then repeat the task. Cut the dough into squares and put them in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Make a dressing with the lemon vinegar, olive oil, the rest of the cilantro, lemon, tomato, and pink peppercorns.
On a dinner plate, place the mackerel rillette inside the filo sheets. Cover with dressing.
*Be careful, the filo sheets are fragile. You should protect them from the air so they do not dry out and break. While brushing the dough with oil, cover remaining dough with plastic wrap covered with a damp towel.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!