Squash Dumpling Gratin
- 6 dumplings
- 1 squash
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 15 sage leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook the squash in the water
- Cut dumplings and spread in a baking dish, pour in half the sour cream, then place 8 sage leaves on the surface of the dish, salt and pepper
- crush the squash and pour into dish, cover with remaining sour cream, the remaining sage and salt and pepper
- Bake 30 minutes in the oven, convection if possible.
You'll also love
- Carrots Peabody 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Spinach with Corn Soup 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Sausage Rolls 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Stuff It, Acorn Squash! 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Hungarian Fried Cabbage and... 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Spaghetti Goulash 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Sour Cream/Cottage Cheese Noodle... 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Seafood Casserole 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!