Popular Food Combinations You Should Actually Be Avoiding
Some foods just seem like they were made to be eaten together... But did you know some of these combinations can actually be harmful to your health?
Tomatoes and Cucumbers
It might make for a healthy salad, but tomato and cucumber combined end up working against each other in your stomach. Tomatoes are a rich source of Vitamin C, but cucumbers contain an enzyme that interferes with your body's Vitamin C absorption. This can lead to irritation in the stomach, and it also cancels out some potential benefits.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.