Here's what salads look like around the world
LEBANON - Khyar bi laban: Cucumber yogurt salad
This Lebanese salad is popular the world over for it's cool, comforting texture and healthy ingredients. Cut a cucumber into a small dice, making sure to remove the seeds. Add 1 plain yogurt, some chopped mint leaves and minced garlic. Season to taste, and let the flavors develop in the refrigerator for a little while before serving.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.