Chicken Stuffed With Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomatoes
A delicious go-to for chicken breasts.
- 4 sun dried tomato halves
- 2 ounces goat cheese (soft type)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5-ounce) chicken breasts
- Cooking oil spray
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Chop sun dried tomatoes. Add goat cheese, basil, and pepper to tomatoes and stir to combine.
Place chicken on a cutting board and use a paring knife to slice a pocket into the side of each chicken breast to hold the filling. Enlarge the pocket carefully without cutting all the way through.
Divide cheese mixture between pieces of chicken, gently stuffing it into the pocket. Secure with toothpicks if desired.
Season the outside of the chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper.
Coat a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium flame. When hot, add chicken and cook 5 minutes or until golden brown underneath.
Reduce heat to low, turn chicken breasts over, and cover.
Cook 10 minutes or until no pink color remains when cut through the thickest part.
You'll also love
- Baby Greens salad with Quail Egg 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Ham Tomato Bruschetta 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken stuffed with... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Lentils, Potatoes, Goat... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Sour Cream Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Best Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steat- Peppered with Cheesy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- California Chicken Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!