Steat- Peppered with Cheesy Mushroom Sauce
- 1kg fillet steak
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic chille sauce
- 1/4 cup black vinegar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp Worcester sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash, dry and butterfly the fillet steak.
Mix all the Marinade in a bowl, and marinate the steak with it, Atleast for a couple of hours or overnight.
In a pot melt 2-3 tbsp of butter and cook steak. Until thoroughly cooked.
Cheesy Mushroom Sauce
1 pint mushrooms
1 tsp butter
1 tsp lemon pepper
250 ml fresh cream
250 ml sour cream
Sauté mushrooms in butter
Add the lemon pepper and the creams. Allow it to thicken. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cheese.
Before serving pour sauce over the steak.
Serve with hot chips and salad.
You'll also love
- Pepper Steak 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Turkey with Cider flavored Hunter... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken with Mushroom Sauce 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- White Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Divan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Andy's Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Whipped Topping 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.