Delicious meatballs in sauce
- 1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp matzo meal
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 2 cups ginger-ale
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Mix dry ingredients, garlic and egg together.
Combine mixture with ground beef. Mix thoroughly.
Roll mixture into balls of desired size.
Add ketchup and ginger-ale into large pot and add meatballs to pot.
Simmer for 2 hours. Do not stir.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.