Layered Chicken Salad
Great Dish for a potluck
- 2 heads lettuce torn into pieces
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1½ cups green bell pepper
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 2 cucumbers diced
- 6 cans sliced water chestnuts 8 ounces each
- 1¾ cups raisins or dried cranberries
- Cooked shredded whole chicken
- 1¾ cups chopped nuts
- 3 cups grated cheese
- 1¾ cups chopped green onions green part only
- 6 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Mix dressing ingredients.
In a large rectangular dish, layer salad ingredients in the order listed, stopping after the nuts.
Spread dressing over entire top of salad, covering it completely.
Sprinkle cheese and green onions over salad.
Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Many stores will mark down their rotisserie chicken right before the deli is set to close, and you can get the cooked chicken at a good price.
You'll also love
- Classic Potato Salad with Paprika 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pepper Pecorino Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Signature Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 Step Creamy Chicken and Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cake: Easy Ball Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwest Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Perfect Potluck Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.