Turkey with Cider flavored Hunter Sauce
By Caroline , blog Petits menus gourmands
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 stick butter
- olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups button mushrooms fresh or canned
- 5 oz cider
- 3.5 oz tomato coulis
- 8 oz water
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare onion: cut the onion in half, lay each half flat and slice into half-slices.
Prepare the mushrooms: Cut into strips. In skillet, melt the butter with the oil, add mushrooms and cook, stirring regularly until they are cooked, then remove and set aside. Leave the fat to cook the onions.
Pour onions into the pan and brown over low heat.
Add the mushrooms, stir. In another pan, pour the remaining butter and brown the turkey cutlets.
Cook Rice: cook rice as directed on package.
Add the turkey cutlets, pour cider, coulis, water (8 oz), the turkey, and mushroom-onion mixture.
Salt and pepper, sprinkle with chervil. Reduce heat to low. Check the rice cooking, prepare the rice, to mold fill a ramekin with rice and pack it with a spoon, place the ramekin upside down on the plate and unmold, sprinkle with chervil, serve the turkey with sauce .
You'll also love
- Spaghetti with Zucchini 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Stuffed cabbage 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crispy Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Pot Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Turkey Pepperoni Dip 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Rabbit in Riesling 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken with Mushroom Sauce 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Steak with Mushroom Sauce 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!