Onion Curry (negative calorie)
- 8 medium onions
- 5 black cardamom pods
- 4 chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablspoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Meat or Cauliflower
- Optional: Tomatoes, celery, carrots
- Good meats: Chicken, beef, lamb, and bison.
- *Negative calorie assumes more cauliflower, onions, celery, tomatoes, and carrots than meat.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Fry the first 6 ingredients until onions are clear. Then remove and set aside cardamom pods, and put the rest in a blender. (Cool it first with ice cubes if it's a plastic blender.) Put puree back in pot. Add cardamom pods back.
Add all spices to the puree. Return to boil. Add additional spice and salt as needed. Trim and cut meat, cauliflower, and optional ingredients into chunks and let it cook in the sauce. Add optional ingredients
You'll also love
- Rigatoni Cake 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Quick Low-Fat Chicken in... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Seedai (sweet and savory) 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Mini Tuna Melts 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Onion Tart 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Spicy Beef & Rice Lettuce Wrap 3.8/5 (39 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Pepper and Onion... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.