- 1 bag 500g rigatoni
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 580mL can spaghetti sauce
- 1 796mL can diced tomatoes
- grated cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
boil rigatoni for only 7 minutes, so it's still firm, then rinse in cold water immediately
stand rigatoni noodles upright in 9 inch springform pan to fill it completely
cook the ground beef and onion (and other spaghetti sauce veggies if desired), adding tomatoes, herbs and sauce to simmer 15 minutes
blend the sauce to a puree then pour over noodles to fill them with sauce
bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees, then remove, add cheese and return for 10 minutes (broil at the end if you need to)
Remove edge of springform pan and slice your cake for dinner!
So fun for the kids!
Might be better without meat and veggies to make the sauce smoother and easier to get to the bottom of the rigatoni noodles...
You'll also love
- Quick Low-Fat Chicken in... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Cornbread 5pts 1/16 serving 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Nana's Chicken & Rice Bake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mozzarella Steak Pasta 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Dougie's Favorite Dinner 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed manacotti 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta Bake 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!