California Chicken Rolls
- 4 chicken cutlets pounded 1/4 inch thick
- For the Filling
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup mild goat cheese or blue cheese
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pieces (optional)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
To prepare filling, in a small bowl, combine spinach, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper and salt. Mix well.
Spread evenly over each cutlet. Starting with a short end, tightly roll up cutlets jelly roll style, secure ends with a toothpick.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Place chicken rolls, seam side down, in prepared skillet. Cook over medium low heat, turning frequently, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 20 minutes.
Place chicken on a cutting board. Cut rolls crosswise into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange on serving plates. Serve immediately.