Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
One of my favorite things at Christmas time is homemade hot chocolate with a candy cane and lots of marshmallows. This cookie has the flavor of a perfect cup of cocoa with peppermint and a gooey marshmallow center. They are super easy to make too. I hope you get a chance to try these soon and share with your family and friends around the Christmas Tree.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp chocolate extract
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 c "andes" mints, diced
- 36 mini marshmallows, frozen
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
In your mixing bowl beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars and blend until well combined. Add egg, vanilla, and chocolate extracts.
Add dry ingredients 1/3 of a cup at a time until well incorporated. Stir in mint pieces.
Using a cookie scoop - scoop out dough. Place 3 marshmallows in center; pressing down to center.
Cover with dough by pushing sides and covering top. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Left over cookies are great microwaved about 7 seconds to make the marshmallow gooey again.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 4.3/5 (219 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (235 Votes)
- Chocolate Cranberry Christmas... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Melon Nanners Oh So Minty 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- RICE KRISPYSQUARES 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Cream Hot Chocolate 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Plain Butter Cookies 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Fiddle Diddles 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.