Arroz (Mexican Rice)
Excellent side for enchiladas.
- 1-1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Fry rice until golden brown.
Add onion, bell pepper and tomato and fry a little longer until onion and green bell pepper is well fried.
Add about 1/2 cup of water as it's done frying and add 3/4 of the tomato sauce with about 1-1/2 Tbsp salt.
Mix well and at least 2 more cups of water to the rice.
Cover and let boil for about 15 minutes.
Uncover the rice and let cook until water is absorbed.
You'll also love
- Sinful Potatoes 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sierra's Handmade Hashbrowns 4/5 (5 Votes)
- South of the Border Chicken Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Enchilada Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Amber's Chicken Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Fettucine with... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken/Steak Fajita 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pongal 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe