Mom's Mexican Rice
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 to 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
saute onion, garlic and beef, adding pepper (diced) at the end
add cumin and chili powder and cook 1-2 minutes
add beans and rice and cook 2-3 minutes
add corn, salsa and water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes
serve with avocado, or grate some cheese on top
You'll also love
- Arroz (Mexican Rice) 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing Bake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings from Biscuits 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Deep Fried Potato Balls 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Goulash 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Tacos 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Soeur Kelly's Tortilla Soup 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.