Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
This dish is perfect any time of year, but we normally make it on holidays to go with our turkey and ham.
- 1 Large Bag frozen Chopped Broccoli
- Velveeta cubed
- 3/4 stick butter cubed
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 pkg butter crackers (we use Ritz crackers)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain.
While broccoli is boiling, cube your Velveeta cheese and the 3/4 stick of butter.
In a 9x9 baking dish, add half of the broccoli, and half of the cheese and butter cubes. Top with the remaining broccoli and dot with the cheese and butter cubes.
Melt 1/2 stick butter. Crumble package of crackers into small pieces. Add to butter and mix well. Top the broccoli and cheese with this mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered. The cheese will be melted and bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.