Veggie "Chicken" salad
This spread tastes like chicken salad, but without the chicken. No animals were harmed in the making of this product.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Crush chickpeas to a smaller form, just short of becoming a paste.
Mix crushed chickpeas with all other ingredients.
Spread on 2 slices of rye bread. Enjoy your sandwich.
You'll also love
- Cold Broccoli Salad with Cashews 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Oriental Cole Slaw 2.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Lobster Roll 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegetarian Bean Burritos 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 2.3/5 (130 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Subs with the Fixins 2.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausages in foil with veggies 2.1/5 (4 Votes)
- Jen's Green Leafy Lettuce Salad 2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!