Deep Fried Potato Balls
- Prepared Mashed Potatoes
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Large Eggs
- Olive Oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Roll mashed potatoes into balls and place onto baking sheet.
Whisk eggs into one bowl. Pour flour into another, and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
Start by dipping potato ball into flour. Then dip into egg. Then coat with bread crumbs. Place back onto cookie sheet.
Preheat oven to 250f.
Put about 5cm of oil into bottom of frying pan.
Heat oil until it is hot, not smoking.
Once heated put potato balls a few at a time into the pan and rotate as needed to cook.
Place finished balls into oven on another cookie sheet. This is just to keep them warm.
Refrigerate mashed potatoes before forming into balls.
You'll also love
- Easy Caesar Salad 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- mexican dip 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veggie "Chicken" salad 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cold Broccoli Salad with Cashews 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Outback SteakHouse Aussie Fries 2.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Egg Bonda 2/5 (50 Votes)
- paruppu vadai (aama vadai) 2.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Potatoes Au Gratin 2.5/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!