Bonda is a famous snack in south india, which is made from basen flour with some stuff in it. aloo bonda, veg bonda, egg bonda are quite common bondas made at home and in road side shops.
- Boiled Eggs -3
- Oil - to deep fry bondas
- Gram Flour - 1/2 cup
- chili powder - 1/2 a tea spoon (If you look spicy, you can add 1 tea spoon)
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
- Perungayam - 1/4 tea spoon.
- cumin seeds - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Garlic - 3 cloves (nicely chopped)
- salt - as per taste
- Eno fruit salt- 1/2 a tea spoon (optional and to be added just before the deep fry)
- oil -1 tea spoon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
To make bonda Mix:
1. Add all the ingredients given in the list to a bowl.
2. Mix well, smash the garlic pieces with hands.
3. Add 1/4 cup of water to it and mix well. ( If you feel the mix is too thick still, then add another tea spoon of water to it.)
4. Add a tea spoon of oil and half a spoon of eno fruit salt and mix well.
To Fry Bonda
1. cut the boiled eggs in to two halves.
2. Heat oil in kadai
3. dip the cut eggs in bonda mix and fry in oil. When all the sides of bonda turns to golden brown, remove from oil and drain in tissue.
Serve hot with tomato Ketchup or as it is.
1. If the mix is watery, it is likely to observe more oil.
2.If the mix is watery, it will not stay on eggs, and while frying it will start popping.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!