Outback SteakHouse Aussie Fries
- 1 - 2 pound bag of frozen french fries
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese (or any cheese that is labeled taco cheese)
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Divide the bag of fries in half and use the other half later. Heat oil to 350F. Fry the potatoes in small batches
They are done when they are golden brown and float to the top of the skillet. Be sure to drain the potatoes on paper towels. Keep them warm in the oven while you are cooking the rest.
When all the fries are cooked and drained, place them on an oven safe platter. Salt the fries and sprinkle with cheese and cooked bacon. Pop back into the oven until the cheese begins to melt.
Make sure the oil is hot enough to cook the fries. If the fry sinks to the bottom and barely bubbles, the oil is not hot enough.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!