South of the Border Chicken Soup
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 5 small potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- same can of frozen corn
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 large bone in chicken breast
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
saute onions then add carrots for a few minutes
add everything else except lime and simmer as long as you want
take chicken out, shred and return to pot
stir in lime and enjoy!
great with avocado and/or tortilla chips
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.