Greek Bean Soup
- white kidney beans
- black pepper
- dry mint
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
start oil in pot dice onions carrots garlic and celery saute until tender
add can of white kidney beans season with salt oregano both black and red pepper and some dry mint
add water and correct seasoning to taste bring to boil and allow to simmer for about twenty minutes again continue to taste to make sure seasoning is right
it always tastes better the day after
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!