Super yummy and makes a bunch!
- a minimum of 1 pound of bacon
- 1 diced onion
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- up to 3 pounds of pork and beans
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Mix the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl.
Cook the bacon. Do not overcook it as it will continue cooking during the final baking process.
Sautee the diced onion in the bacon grease for about 4-5 minutes.
Pour in beans into the sautéed onions.
Mix in the barbecue mixture, and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Pour the whole bean mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the cooked bacon onto the top.
Bake at 325 degrees for up to 2 hours.
You'll also love
- Pickled Eggs 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Coleslaw 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pongal 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Banana Coconut Pancakes 4/5 (5 Votes)
- L.J.'s Barbeque Rib Sauce 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fall off the bone ribs. 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chillie 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ven pongal 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We can't wait to serve these delicious cheesy bacon cups at our next brunch!
Review this recipe