L.J.'s Barbeque Rib Sauce
This is an old southern recipe from my neighbor that I had to trade my Grandmother's oatmeal cookie recipe for and swear I wouldn't give it away. He has now passed on so I think everyone should enjoy his amazing recipe!
- 2 bottles Masterpiece BBQ sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Pickling spice
- 1Tbsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1/2 can beer
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Put all the ingredients together and simmer over the stove for about 20 - 30 minutes.
Pour over barbequed chicken or ribs and bake in the oven for 45 min's. It tenderizes the meat further and has a great flavor.
This sauce freezes well and can be thrown on top of your favorite BBQ meat. Season it to taste, if you like it hotter just add more cayenne or hot sauce.
You'll also love
- Easy Tasty Spareribs and/or... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Fall off the bone ribs. 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy spaghetti in tomato sauce 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tzatziki Sauce 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemon Curd 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Blazing Buffalo Breast 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fire Chicken Pasta 4/5 (4 Votes)
- bbq shrimp 4/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!
Review this recipe