Fall off the bone ribs.
Tender ribs, finished in the oven or BBQ with sauce.
- 2-3lbs of pork ribs. Side or back ribs.
- 1 liter of apple juice.
- 3-4 tblsp.Steak spice or combination of your favorite spices for meat.
- 2 tblsp.Crushed garlic.
- 1 small chopped onion.
- BBQ sauce. Either bottled or homemade.
- *You can substitute honey garlic sauce or any of your favorite rib sauce.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Cut ribs into serving portions. I cut them every 2-3 bones.
Place in a large pot.
Add crushed garlic, seasonings and chopped onion.
Pour apple juice over top. If not completed covered in liquid, add some water to cover.
Place lid on pot. Bring to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours.
Remove ribs from pot. Discard liquid. Allow ribs to steam off some liquid before putting sauce on.
Cover both sides of ribs with the sauce of your choice.
Either broil in the oven until desired crispness then flip over and do the same to the other side or finish on the BBQ. (I prefer BBQ).
You'll also love
- Macaroni & Cheese Plus 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pulled Pork 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chillie 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hawaiin Pork Roast 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops 4/5 (5 Votes)
- bbq shrimp 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven Barbeque Chicken 4/5 (4 Votes)
- PORK BACKRIBS 3.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Review this recipe