Pork shoulder roast done in the slow cooker with BBQ sauce. Shredded.Served on a bun.
- Pork shoulder roast.
- Bottle of BBQ sauce. Any kind.
- One chopped onion.
- 2 tblsp honey.
- Salt & pepper.
- Burger buns.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 480mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put the first five ingredients in a lightly greased slow cooker.
Cook on low for approximately 8 hours or until easy to shred.
Remove the roast. Use two forks to shred.
Then add back to the sauce. Stir.
Keep the slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
Serve on buns. The buns can be lightly toasted if desired.
Cole slaw can be served on top of the pork or on the side.
*Cole slaw recipe to follow.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.