Gramas Apple Crisp
Simple but very delicious apple crisp recipe with a golden crunch top.
- 6 -7 large apples peeled and sliced
- 2/3 to 1 c. Sugar
- Cinnamon to your liking
- Topping....mix 3/4 c brown sugar with 3/4 c. Butter until crumbly.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel large apples and slice into a well buttered casserole dish, or 9x9 cake pan. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon then white sugar.
Mix brown sugar and butter for topping. Crumble mixture over the top of apples and sugar mix.
Preheat oven to 350 and bake until golden brown, about 3/4 of an hour.
Adjust butter and sugars to your liking. I always use less brown and white sugar. Sometimes I add a bit of nutmeg with the cinnamon.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.