- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c milk
- 3 shredded slices of bread
- 1/2 c onion
- 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 1 c cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil or thyme or sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs lean beef
- For the toppings:
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Average budget
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Mix in milk and bread; let rest a few minutes for the bread to soak in the milk.
Chop the cheese, carrot, onion, and herbs and seasonings, then mix into the bread crumb mixture. Add the ground beef and mix again.
Pack the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for forty five minutes 350 F.
Mix together the toppings. Take out the meatloaf when cooking is done and cover with the toppings.
Bake 30 minutes more or until no pink remains, keep adding more of the remaining mixture as it bakes.
Let it cool for 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Wicked Chicken 4/5 (5 Votes)
- All Purpose Biscuits 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Cream Corn Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Reuben Chowder 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Super Easy Meatloaf 4/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Ground meat
- Coriander, chopped
- Onions, minced
- Ground Pepper
- Cheddar (cube and slice)
- Canola Oil
Chop coriander and mince onions
Mix the meat, coriander, onions, pepper and salt in a large bowl
With your hands, shape the meat into a large ball
On a clean surface, flatten the ball and place a cube of cheddar on top
Cover the cheese with the edges of the meat, creating a ball again
Place in a pan and let one side simmer in canola oil
Flip the patty and place a slice of cheddar on top
Place the lid on the pan and let cook to desired texture
Put the patty in a bun with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Review this recipe