By Irene Wanner
Leftovers are put to use in this delicious casserole.
- Leftover mashed potoes or 1 can Mashed Potato flakes
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups leftover beef or fry 1 lb. of ground beef
- Leftover gravy or 1 jar of beef or onion gravy
- 1 jar whole stewed onions (optional)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 Cup leftover carrots
- 1 Cup leftover peas
- Shredded Colby cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare potato flakes according to package directions, decreasing liquid content slightly and adding 1 slightly beaten egg. Set aside. Stir in gravy. Add beef, tomatoes, onions, carrots and peas. Season to taste. Turn into 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish. Sppon by heaping tablespoons the potato mixture onto meat and gravy mixture. Top potato mixture with Colby Cheese. Bake at 425 degrees until gravy boils and potatoes are a light golden brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!