A Reuben sandwich in soup form.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cans (28 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 2 tsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 5 oz. corned beef, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
In small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
In large saucepan, bring vegetable and beef broth to boil. Stir in horseradish, Worcestershire, mustard, & celery salt.
Add corned beef, sauerkraut, and onion. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bread cubes and Swiss cheese.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.